Helping you Deliver your Acquisition Integration
Intista are experts in Acquisition Integration, in a process known as Post-Merger Integration. We help companies that acquire businesses, integrate their acquisitions. We focus upon "lower-mid to mid-size" acquisitions. We have two broad ways we can help you:
Building your In-House integration team
We train, certify, and mentor employees in how to plan and deliver an integration. This is done through a program of training, certification and integration mastermind sessions, in our Certified Acquisition Integration Manager (CAIM™) program
Our training in self-paced, online. It walks you through our unique approach called the Small business Simple Integration Method (SSIM™)
Mastermind sessions are held twice per month in a group session.
Certification engagements are for businesses that intend to grow through multiple acquisitions.
- Repeat acquisitions are successful when a team (either full time or part-time) is made responsible for integrating the acquiring and acquired businesses
- Having studied and passed the final exam graduates earn a digital badge that is shareable on LinkedIn™ and verifiable
- Integration Mastermind sessions give you a forum to extend and apply your learning to real world situations taking place in your business. You can discuss and ask questions of integration experts
The CAIM™ certification last two years, after which recertification is required.
Delivering your Integration
An individual or a small team will prepare, plan, and work closely with you on your integration.
What do we do?
- Develop your integration strategy
- Validate that your current approach to integrations is in good shape
- Plan and setup your integration
- Support your organization execute and delivering your integration
- We provide interim staff to help you through the workload
Delivery engagements are for more complex integrations, or where acquirers have few resources that they can dedicate to running an acquisition integration.
How long are our engagements?
- If you already have an integration process and want to get some suggestions, it may be a few hours' work done remotely
- If you have a large, complex integration, you may want somebody to be a dedicated resource for many months
- Usually our engagements are between these two extremes, where we work a limited number of hours per week, mentoring and guiding your management team through the integration preparation and delivery
Why don't we talk about company revenues, or the deal size for an acquisition when we talk about size?
Integrations can be complex, messy, and stressful. The problems and the solutions are associated with the people within the businesses, not the size of the deal. The success of an acquisition is associated with people. We look beyond the spreadsheet to achieve the value of the acquisition by working on and with the people within the businesses.
Contact us to see if we are a fit with you
How to plan and execute the integration of an acquired Small or Mid-size Business (SMB), using a mixture of classroom learning content, exercises and discussions.
Training is written specifically for smaller businesses. It will prepare those who need to know what to expect during an integration, with easy to understand language and next steps
Succinct, applicable, focused online learning on how to plan and execute the integration of an acquired smaller business, with courses for specific audiences
- Those that will set up and run the integration
- Leadership of the acquiring and acquired businesses
- All staff
Subscriptions for individuals, or for company-wide access
You have the need for training, perhaps bilingual content in English and Spanish, but where to start?
Whether it is Classroom or Online Learning, we can create the content for you
A Selection of our Projects
Really appreciate your dedication, professionalism, hard work and holistic thinking.
Value Beyond the Scope
They were very responsive to my needs and gave added value beyond the scope I requested, finding gaps that we didn't realize were there. The attitude, support and professionalism were outstanding. We would have no hesitation in asking them back for future projects.
A Huge Positive Difference
Extremely organized, detail-oriented, thorough, timely, and importantly... made a huge positive difference on many occasions, helping to gain loyalty, bridge differences, and get newly acquired companies up and running
Made for a Better Culture
Able to assume solutions many times before problems occur and can remain collected. …also quickly made personal relationships with members of both companies and helped to integrate them by learning process and introducing counterparts. It not only made for a better culture, but a smoother run in streamlining both lines of business.