A health check on how you integrate your acquisitions
You’re about to acquire a small or mid-size business. After the deal is complete you’re ready to take on the integration, right?
How Realistic is your Integration Plan?
- Can it be delivered to schedule?
- Will the business be able to perform as expected, when you plan?
- Has it taken into consideration the complexities of launching an integration to the acquired employees?
Ensure your processes and templates to merge employees, technologies, operations, processes and business cultures are on the right track
The Integration Readiness check is an insurance policy that your business is prepared and able to deliver the ROI on your acquisitions
- How do you know if you are on the right track?
- How do you know if you’ve missed something in your planning?
- Have you focused and prioritized on the right areas, that match the reasons for acquiring?
The Integration Health Check is to validate your strategy for bringing the businesses together
When Do We Start?
At the same time that you’re working on a deal you should be creating the plan on how you’re going to merge the businesses. However the plan needs a strategic direction to work towards.
The Integration Health Check is an insurance policy that you are on the right track.
3 Day Engagement
We dedicate three days to your business:
- 2 days of meetings and analysis
- 1 day of review and presentation of recommendations
Ensuring that the plan and processes you have are realistic and achievable
The objectives for the integration are directly related to the reasons you’re acquiring the business.
2. Integration Team Organization
The program is run by a dedicated team that is responsible for delivering the combined business. (Steering Committee, Integration Management Office (IMO), and Workstreams). We’ll discuss the makeup of the team, roles, meeting frequencies, and the types of person that fit such roles
3. Day 1 Preparation
We’ll review your priorities for Day 1, the planning for the big event, the preparation, who’s involved, and typical Must Do and Can Defer activities
An open secret about integration success is the quality of the communication. During the engagement we’ll go over the communication plan role and duties
5. Big Picture of the Execution
The Strategy Check isn’t the right vehicle to get into the details of an integration plan, but we’ll discuss the project outlines, their sequencing, and your milestones