ADT, Protection 1
Apollo Holdings, one of the largest private equity companies in the world, acquired Protection 1 and ASG, followed by ADT a year later. The combined company was to operate under the ADT brand. The stated intention was to speed ADT’s expansion into the USA commercial sector, taking advantage of improved sales and technical teams, a good national footprint, and benefitting from the economies of scale efficiencies when three companies were integrated into one.
The combined business by integration team with the integration of Protection 1 and ADT. An estimated 95% of the infrastructure came from ADT.
The program charter was to lead the group for the HR Day 1 program, with a focus upon the two HR organization and integration across all back and front office enterprise applications and an array of ERP and other systems harmonication and remediation. The objective was to harmonize all processes, policies, compensation and all interfaces and payroll system. It was necessary to partner with Finance, supply chain, and Customer Care, so that all Back Office functions, such as finance, accounting, IT and supply chain were operational as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Key activities included
- Agreeing the scope of the integration, leaving other activities for normal business operations after the integration was completed
- Project Management Office (PMO) setup, definition of the multiple workstreams for the strategic groups. With those in place, the integration programs and projects could be created
- Harmonization of the different Sales compensation plans, addressing over-compensation problems caused by data inaccuracies
- Rolling out a single payroll system on time, ensuring Sales compensation plans were implemented accurately
- New policy creation and rollout using a Change Management framework that included training, and a communication plan